IEEE CPSCom-2021 will be held in December 2021, Melbourne, Australia. It will provide a high-profile leading-edge forum for researchers, engineers, and practitioners to present state-of-art advances and innovations. We seek submissions of papers addressing new techniques, introducing innovative methodologies, and proposing new CPS, CSS, and CPSS research directions.
Looking for highly motivated and self-disciplined Ph.D. and MRes applications:
You need to have 6.5 out of 7 of your master’s degree in the MQ GPA rating system to be considered for a Ph.D. scholarship. An exception can be made for strong applicants who have been working with me or my collaborators for top journals (Q1)/conferences (CORE A or above) or having extensive research and industry experience (two referees required). The interview is mandatory for all applicants. Be sure to include “apply for ISRG Ph.D. or MRes” in your email subject line to avoid being ignored.
The Intelligent Systems Research Group aims to bridge the gap between the research community and the industry community and to bring the most brilliant research ideas to solve real-world challenges.
The group currently has one research director, one associate director on the advisory board，ten program leaders, and ten Ph.D. and master of research students. Their research topics are: “Trustworthy AI-human interaction in cyber-physical systems”, “Privacy-preserving for intelligently connected vehicles”, “Detecting anomaly behaviour of elderly people using non-intrusive sensor fusion”, “Securing LiDAR based on autonomous driving systems”, “Leveraging data-driven metamorphic testing to improve robustness of DNNs”, and “Real-time anomaly detection of autonomous systems using online learners”.
The group has several projects in the past three years that addressed major issues in autonomous systems: “Dynamic Safety Analysis for Cyber-Physical Systems” (＄18,000 AUD), and industry projects related to edge computing and micro-services “Customizable and efficient development and deployment of micro-service”(＄120,000 AUD), and awarded 2020 Australian Data61/CSIRO CRP Project “Trustworthy AI-human interaction in cyber-physical systems” (＄130,440 AUD) (LEAD CI), and awarded 2020 Australian Research Council Linkage Project “A Safety-Preserving ecosystem for autonomous driving” (＄341,853 AUD) (LEAD CI), and awarded 2021 Australian Research Council Discovery Project “Context-aware verification and validation framework for autonomous driving” ($448,958 AUD), and awarded Excellence in Early Career Research Award – Highly Commended, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Macquarie University.
The group’s recent paper “A survey on security issues in services communication of microservices-enabled fog applications” has been recognized as a top 20 most read paper (2017-2018) in Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience.
Selected work with real-world impact:
- Haiming X, X. Zheng, et al. A Hybrid Method Combining Markov Prediction and Fuzzy Classification for Driving Condition Recognition. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 2018. [IF=4.06]
This paper is the first of its kind to use feature engineering and machine learning to solve a fundamental challenge in electric vehicles, which is to extend the mileage sustainable by in-car battery before requiring a recharge. The first author was a Ph.D. student co-supervised by Dr. Zheng in Tsinghua. With this work as one of the foundation, after graduation, the student was engaged by some venture capitals to establish a company producing electric vehicle power systems. The experience gained from the work will aid Dr. Zheng to resolve machine learning-related challenges in the real world.
- M. Fu, X. Zheng, et al. DaLiM: Machine Learning Based Intelligent Lucky Money Determination for Large-Scale E-Commerce Businesses. International Conference on Service-Oriented Computing, 2018. [CORE A]
This paper is a pioneer to apply machine learning and feature engineering inside Alibaba Group to determine lucky money for online customers in “Double 11 Global Shopping Festival 2017”. The feature engineering part is very thoroughly conducted and with the evaluation of a few hundred million customers. The approach significantly reduces the campaign cost and boosts online sales. The first author has been working very closely with Dr. Zheng on the solution and has been promoted to a senior management role due to the outstanding contribution made through this work. The experience gained from feature engineering and machine learning will also help Dr. Zheng to resolve machine learning-related challenges in the real world.
Latest Highly Cited Paper：
- Wang, T, Luo, H & Zheng, X 2019 ‘Crowdsourcing Mechanism for Trust Evaluation in CPCS based on Intelligent Mobile Edge Computing’, ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology, vol. 10, pp.62:1-62:19.Q2 (JIF:2.86). (In Web of Science Core Collection 41 Times Cited)
- Wang, T, Ke, H.X. & Zheng, X 2019, ‘Big Data Cleaning Based on Mobile Edge Computing in industrial Sensor-Cloud’, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 16, pp. 1321-1329. Q1 (JIF:8.70). (In Web of Science Core Collection 24 Times Cited)
- Wang, T., Mei, Y., Jia, W., Zheng, X., Wang, G. and Xie, M., 2020. Edge-based differential privacy computing for sensor–cloud systems. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, 136, pp.75-8. CORE A*. (JIF: 1.81). (In Web of Science Core Collection 19 Times Cited)
- Zeng, Xianjiao, Xu, Guangquan, Zheng, Xi, Xiang, Yang & Zhou, Wanlei 2019, ‘E-AUA: An efficient anonymous user authentication protocol for mobile IoT’, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol.6, pp. 1506-1519. Q1 (JIF: 9.51). (In Web of Science Core Collection 31 Times Cited)
- Xu, G.Q., Zhang, Y, Arun, K & Zheng, X. 2019, ‘CSP-E 2 : An abuse-free Contract Signing Protocol with low-storage TTP for energy efficient electronic transaction ecosystems’, Information Sciences, vol. 476, pp. 505-515. Q1 (JIF:5.52). (In Web of Science Core Collection 33 Times Cited)
- Distinguished Professor at Donghua University, China
- Invited speaker for 2nd TECH.AD CHINA https://www.autonomous-driving-china.com/
- PC for IEEE International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications 2020 (core A)